moreutils 0.60 released with these changes
- New implementation of isutf8 by Julien Palard.
- Noncharacters (ending with 0xFFFF and 0xFFFE) were considered invalid when encoded in utf8, according to the unicode standard they are valid: "However, they are not illegal in interchange, nor does their presence cause Unicode text to be ill-formed."
- \xf4\xbf\xbf\xbf was considered valid UTF8, which is not: after 0xF4 the following byte should be between 80 and 8F.
- This implementation does not try to decode the stream, so it checks it faster.
- Add --list option. Closes: #691330
- Support bullding in Cygwin. Thanks, StalkR
- OSX build fix. Thanks, Tony Kelman.