Nothing special about this recipe at all except it rescued an otherwise very "blah" day.
- 4 eggs from a devil chicken (or other chicken you know)
- the smallest yellow squash from the garden (under 5 inches, leave the 3 foot monsters in the fridge), chopped into half-inch half-rounds
- 1/3 a large red onion, chopped
- a few kalamata olives (or other black olives), pitted and roughly minced
- a rather small amount of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Fry squash in a small amount of olive oil, add onions and brown over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and turn heat high. Wisk together all ingredients, add a little ground pepper, and cook omelette quickly.
Serve with bread (fresh focaccia mmm) and freshly pickled cucumbers from the garden.