Backs up everything github knows about a repository, to the repository.
Available in Debian, or https://github.com/joeyh/github-backup
github-backup 1.20131203 released with these changes
- Now also backs up the repos a user has starred, when run with a user's name.
- Now finds and backs up the parent repository that a repository got forked from.
- Uses authentication for all API calls.
- Fairer ordering of requests when backing up many repositories at once.
- Avoid making requests for data that has already been backed up until after new data has been backed up. Handles API rate limiting much better. Closes: #723859
github-backup 1.20131101 released with these changes
- Now also backs up the repos a user is watching, when run with a user's name. Useful if you want to back up repositories that you have not forked; just watch them and run github-backup.
- Can now log in to github, to avoid increasingly small API rate limits. Set GITHUB_USER and GITHUB_PASSWORD environment to enable. Note that a few api calls don't use authentication; see https://github.com/fpco/github/issues/40
- Build-Depend on git. Closes: #728481
- Don't include tmp directory in files stored in the github branch.
github-backup 1.20131006 released with these changes
- Ported to Windows.
- Improve error message when it fails to query github for repositories belonging to a user. Closes: #705084
- Various updates to internal git and utility libraries shared with git-annex.
- Makefile now uses cabal to build.