If in doubt about some hackish pyramid placement, allow it, and apply the spirit of the rules to trace the path of the laser beam.
Consider this advanced example.
- Green lasers from Kaxxt are redirected by the green pyramid into the black pyramid, and recharge you by up to 3 points.
- Blue lasers from Kaxxt are redirected by the large blue pyramid.
The small blue pyramid then intercepts 1 point of that, and feeds it into the black pyramid, gaining you a point.
The other 2 points of blue laser shoot out to the player to your left.
- Red lasers from Kaxxt are redirected by the large red pyramid.
But the yellow pyramid does not catch them; they all continue past it to the player to your left.
- The yellow pyramid does catch laser beams shot at you from the players to your left and right. It redirects one point into the black pyramid, healing you. (You're damanged by the rest of the yellow beam though.)
- If the player to your left shoots a blue laser at you, one point is fed into the black pyramid by the little blue. Then it bounces off the big blue, and the little blue catches another point and feeds it into the black pyramid, so you gain 2 points total. The remaining point bounces back to your left.
- If the player to your left shoots a green laser at you, it passes by the black pyramid. Then it bounces from the green pyramid, and now it can be absored by the black pyramid, gaining you 3 points.
- The three large colored pyramids also redirect lasers approaching from the right, and stop those hurting you either, and feed some of them into the black pyramid.